I wanted to talk about an issue I've seen customers report that exhibits itself in a few different scenarios. You may have come across one (or all) of the following issues when working in your Revit Structure file:
- Your Column Location Mark parameters are empty
- No Columns display in the Graphical Column Schedule
- Wall Foundations do not display an Analytical Model
These issues will occur if your project was created from scratch without a template:
So either the project you are working in was created this way, or the template you used to create your project was originally created this way.
To bring the missing components into the model, you will need to transfer the elements to a file that was created based off of a template. In Revit Structure 2010, the easiest way to achieve this will be to do the following:
- Open a new file (making sure that it is based off of a Revit Structure template).
- Link your project into the new file.
- Select the link, and choose to Bind it.
- Select the group element created from the Bind, and Ungroup it.
If you have Revit Structure 2011, you can upgrade your project file and the missing components will be added automatically.