If after when launching the Worksharing Monitor extension for Revit products the dialog does not open, check the Windows Task Manager. Look for the WorksharingMonitor.exe process to see if the Worksharing Monitor is running.
If the process is active but the dialog is nowhere to be found move onto the troubleshooting process below:
1. Restart the workstation, launch the Worksharing Monitor. If the results are the same move onto the next step:
2. For Windows Vista or Windows 7 users right-click on the Worksharing Monitor shortcut > Run as Administrator. If the results are the same move onto the next step:
3. If there is Antivirus or Firewall software running temporarily disable it to test if the Worksharing Monitor is being blocked. If this proves to be the case see if an exception can be added to not block the WorksharingMonitor.exe application. If this is not the case move onto the next step:
4. Open the Windows Task Manager. Look for Windows processes called rundll.exe or rundll32.exe. There are typically several of these running. They are Windows processes for running DLLs and placing the libraries into memory and should not be modified or ended.
Before launching the Worksharing Monitor make sure the Windows Task Manager is open. Make a note of the number of rundll.exe or rundll32.exe processes running. Launch the Worksharing Monitor. The number of these processes should not change with the exception of the WorksharingMonitor.exe process now on the list.
If you get to this point and the Worksharing Monitor still does not launch as expected I would recommend a clean uninstall \ reinstall of the monitor using the following approach:
1. Uninstall the Worksharing Monitor from the Windows Control Panel.
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor, locate the following folder for the 2010 version:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Revit\Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2010
Delete this folder.
3. Next, also in the Registry Editor locate the following folder for the 2010 version:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2010
Delete this folder.
4. Delete the following Windows folder:
32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2010
64-Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Worksharing Monitor for Autodesk Revit 2010
5. Restart the workstation.
6. Next we’ll reinstall the Worksharing Monitor using the following process:
- Ensure a full administrator account installs the Worksharing Monitor.
- When the installation is complete, have the administrator account launch Revit.
- Then have the administrator account launch the Worksharing Monitor while Revit is still open.