I ran across a couple of User Interface tips that I wanted to make sure I passed along.
Missing Dialogs: Sometimes you might run into a situation where you attempt to open a dialog box, but it does not display and the only way to get back to the Application is to press the ESC key. There is a quick way to get the dialog box back.
- Open the "missing" dialog
- Press Alt+Spacebar-M... (hint: Press Alt and Spacebar together, then press M)
- You now have a Move cursor on the dialog box (wherever it may be)
- Press a Arrow key on your keyboard. This will lock your mouse to the missing dialog box
- Drag your mouse around until the dialog shows up on your screen and click to place it
Mis-ordered Ribbon Tabs: Sometimes you might see Ribbon Tabs out of order. The cause might not be clear regarding why it happened. To fix it you can follow a simply process (you actually might consider this a feature of Revit)
- Press the Control Key while you click and hold the left mouse button on the mis-ordered tab
- Drag the tab to the correct location on the ribbon
- Let go of the Left mouse button once the tab is in the right place
- You can actually do this with any tabs and this is probably the reason the tab was moved in the first place (accidentally of course)