Some users have experienced an issue where an error occurs when loading certain air terminal families in Revit MEP and selecting one or more types from the type catalog. As shown below, the error reads "Can't Make Type", followed by the name of the family and type.
- Supply Diffuser with Plenum - Linear Slot - Hosted
- Return Diffuser with Plenum - Linear Slot - Hosted
To resolve this issue, replace the existing type catalog files for these families with the fixed versions included in the zip file below.
Here are the steps:
- Save the zip file below to your local desktop
- Extract the files to the following directory:
For Microsoft XP installations (32 and 64 bit):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\RME 2010\Imperial Library\Mechanical Components\Air-Side Components\Air Terminals
For Microsoft Vista/Windows 7 installations (32 and 64 bit):
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME 2010\Imperial Library\Mechanical Components\Air-Side Components\Air Terminals
- Overwrite the existing files
- Load/reload the families into the project
- Select one or more types from the type catalog
The warning should no longer appear when loading the families.
(Note: these files are fixed in Revit MEP 2011. If you've installed 2011, you can replace the 2010 files with the ones installed with 2011)
There is also a technical solution for this issue posted on the Autodesk website here