As a Subscription Customer you have access to some additional Revit tools and documentation; in this post I'm referring to the Revit Extensions for Revit Structure. I've seen quite a few customers with two main issues: where to find them and how to use them.
First, where to find them:
- You'll need to log into your Subscription Account at http://www.autodesk.com/subscriptionlogin.
- Once logged in, click the Downloads link on the left viewing pane.
- Then click Product Enhancements to see the available tools for your account.
Now that you have the tools installed, how do you use them? I've organized a couple of key places where you can find more information about the Revit Structure Extensions for Revit:
- Extensions4Revit: http://www.extensions4revit.com/n/e4r
- The Extensions for Revit section of BIM & BEAM, a blog written by Autodesk Employees Wai Chu, Nicolas Magnon, and Brian Haines: http://bimandbeam.typepad.com/bim_beam/extensions_for_revit/
- Autodesk University Online Class Materials: http://au.autodesk.com. If you log in and go to the Online Classes tab, you can search for the Keyword Extension in the Structural Design and Engineering track to see a list of the courses available. There are quite a few, for example: Maximize the Use of Autodesk Revit Structure Extensions and Concrete Reinforcement with Autodesk Revit Structure and Robot Structural Analysis.
- And lastly, within the Extension tool itself. You can right click on any Extension tool and select Info for more information on how it works.
I hope this information helps! Please feel free to share any other good places you've found as well!
For more information on the Subscription program, you can take a look at one of Harlan's previous posts, The Power of Subscription.