Revit Structure 2012 introduces Analytical Surfaces for Walls, Floors, and Foundation Slabs:
- Open up the default 2012 template file, located at: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RST 2012\Templates\US Imperial\Structural Analysis-default.rte.
- Set your upgraded file as the active model, and go to Manage > Transfer Project Standards.
- Select the template project in the Copy from pulldown.
From here you have a couple of options. You can select Materials and Object Styles from the template project to transfer to your upgraded file. With Materials, if you do not want to overwrite existing materials in the project, you can select New Only. With Object Styles you will have to choose Overwrite. If that is okay, then check both boxes, transfer them to your upgraded file, and disregard Steps 4-10.
If you don't want to Overwrite Object Styles, then choose only Materials, and continue on to Steps 4-10.
- With your upgraded project current, go to Manage > Object Styles, and switch to the Analytical Model Objects tab.
- In the Analytical Floors row, click the '...' box in the Materials column.
- Select the Analytical Floor Surface material. Adjust the Line Color to RGB 128-064-000.
- In the Analytical Foundation Slabs row, click the '...' box in the Materials column.
- Select the Analytical Slab Surface material. Adjust the Line Color to RGB 155-187-089.
- In the Analytical Walls row, click the '...' box in the Materials column.
- Select the Analytical Wall Surface material. Adjust the Line Color to RGB 000-200-200.