Autodesk Revit Server 2012 Update Release 1 is now available at the link below:
I have included the process to apply the service pack to all Revit 2012 Servers:
1. Notify users that the Revit Server network will be taken offline for an update and that they should close all server-based models in Revit.
2. Using Revit Server Administrator, apply a lock on the server to halt all Revit Server based activity. If needed this process is included here.
3. When the lock is successfully applied, for each server in the Revit Server network:
[3a] Shut down the server:
- Shut down the RevitServerAppPool application pool in IIS Manager
- Stop the Revit Server Autosync Service in the services panel
- Use the processes tab in the Windows task manager to determine whether there are any processes named “w3wp.exe” or “DataStorageAutoSyncService.exe” still running; if there are, terminate them.
[3b] Install the Revit Server 2012 Update 1 Service Pack.
[3c] Restart the Revit Server:
- Start the RevitServerAppPool application pool in IIS Manager
- Stop the Revit Server Autosync Service in the services panel (it will appear to have restarted after installing the UR)
- Restart the Revit Server Autosync Service in the services panel
4. After all Revit Servers have been updated, use Revit Server Administrator to release the lock on the server and notify users that the maintenance is complete.
Some of the major enhancements include the following:
- Several enhancements were made to improve stability of Revit Server under periods of high use and heavy load.
- Enhancements were made to Revit Server Administrator to provide information about model-level locks that may be orphaned.
- A change to reduce the rate of growth of the central file on the server. [This change requires both Revit 2012 and Revit Server 2012 to have update 1 applied; if only one is updated no improvement will be implemented].
- An improvement to make RevitServerTool more reliable. (The Revit Server 2012 update 1 release will update the server copy of this tool, and the Revit 2012 update 1 release will update the application copy of this tool).
Special thanks to Michael Brian Lee for this documentation!