I just recently worked with a firm that was having issues with the Application Menus in their Autodesk 2010 products (not just the Revit-based ones) - the text was not displaying:
After a bit of troubleshooting, we were able to figure out that it was caused by the Font Smoothing setting in Windows. So if you run into the issue, try the following:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and choose Display.
- In the Display Properties dialog, click the Appearance tab.
- In the Appearance tab, click the Effects button.
- Clear the checkbox for "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts".
- Click OK to exit the dialogs.