If you have used A360 Collaboration for Revit 2015, when you install and open A360 Collaboration for Revit 2016, your 2015 projects and their associated Revit models will not be visible. To access 2015 project data in A360 Collaboration for Revit 2016, you will need to create a new project and upgrade the data.
Follow these steps to upgrade your projects and Revit models before you start working in A360 Collaboration for Revit 2016.
1. Open Revit 2015.
2. Browse to the A360 project that you want to upgrade.
3. Open each Revit model and save it to your local workstation.
4. Create a new project to be used with A360 Collaboration for Revit 2016 in your A360 team hub.
5. Open Revit 2016.
6. Open each Revit model that was saved to your local workstation in step 3 and save it.
A 2016 version of the model is created.
7. Initiate collaboration on each model and specify the 2016 project name that was created on A360 in step 4.
When you initiate collaboration, the model is associated with the new A360 Collaboration for Revit 2016 project.
8. Re-link the Revit models as needed.
9. Communicate to project team members that they should use the 2016 project.
There are now two separate and distinct projects (2015 format and 2016 format). Project team members must use the upgraded project and models when collaborating.
10. On A360, rename the 2015 version of the project or deactivate it.